Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

22 weeks!

So I'm 22 weeks this week! 18 more to go (give or take). I'm officially in my 6th month!

This little girl is so active! Her daddy just competed in the Ironman triathlon this last week and I have a feeling she will be following in his footsteps. I am already noticing distinct sleep/awake cycles with her and when she is awake she is on the "go"! I took my son, nephew and niece to see Rio in the theater the other day and during a loud part she kicked so hard I looked to the side of me to see who had poked my belly. To my surprise it was an inside poke! :)

I'm feeling pretty good this week and only feel "morning sick" a day or two out of the week now. Such an improvement! However, now I have horrible allergies. Can't this prego lady get a break?! The round ligament pain has subsided and I feel like Baby T is sitting higher and giving my cervix a rest. My belly is definitely getting bigger and is now a constant hand magnet. The other day I walked up to the sales counter to buy something and the clerk said "I like your baby". hahaha. That was a first!

I have decided to give birth in the -gorgeous- new hospital in Eugene and I will be using the midwives at the Peace Health midwifery group to assist in my prenatal care and the delivery. I gave this a lot of thought and although it would be nice to give birth in the birth center it just isn't practicle for this pregnancy. I want to be able to stay for a while after the birth and at the birth center they expect/require you to leave in 4-6 hours after delivery. Giving birth in the hospital will allow for a little R&R before I go home and also a little bit of time with Baby T and her family before they go home. The midwives seem to be great and I feel like the hospital is well equipped and will support my birth decisions. I also have a meeting with a birth doula tomorrow to see if I want her to help me during the birth. Being a birth doula myself, I have pretty high expectations, so this should be interesting :).
Here is a fun interactive video thing that my Aunt showed me. Take a look!

http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/you/the-exhibit/your-beginning/make-room-for-baby/interactive/

Well, I think that's it for now. I will post a belly picture later.

-Lady Stork

1 comment:

  1. I like your baby, too! Even though she's only yours while you grow her.

    Thanks for the update, love. <3

    ReplyDelete